Designer Resume Gaffes
Some designers make the usual gaffe of exaggerating on their resume. For example:
Writing irrelevant skills and strengths is a common mistake. For example one designer wrote I can stand on tripod , easel and can balance cloth hangers.
Designers are integral part of product design be it a car, tattoo or spacecraft. We expect the designers to be highly creative and methodical in their work. We expect designers to commit least mistakes or blunders in anything they do.
Yet designers too are prone to commit mistakes in their resumes. Read these mistakes as a piece of entertainment but do learn to avoid such mistakes. I remember a fashion designer who once gave too many personal details including “ I'm a straight male”.
Some of the top designer resume gaffes can be as follows:
Some of the top designer resume gaffes can be as follows:
- Started working when I was in nursery.
- I used to draw in paint books
- I paint fences for free and I can morph faces of jerks on actress’s bodies on my PC
- Good at curves, geometric shapes and ‘un geometric’ shapes
- I can design websites but don’t know how to put them up on PC
- I designed visiting cards for my mom and dad
Some designers make the usual gaffe of exaggerating on their resume. For example:
- Successfully organized, managed, executed, succeeded, triumphed, vindicated 18000 fashion designing shows all over the world
- Wide variety of experience in sales, marketing, manufacturing, supply chain management, railways, aviation
- I have already got PHD (pretty hot deal) from one designer corporation but I’m more sympathetic towards your large organization
- Designed boots for ALL men , women and animals
- Peers call me inventor rather than designer and I humbly oblige
Writing irrelevant skills and strengths is a common mistake. For example one designer wrote I can stand on tripod , easel and can balance cloth hangers.
Designer resume may be full of such gaffes and blunders but make sure you avoid such mistakes. And yes if you know more such gaffes do feel to post them here.
No comments:
Post a Comment